Day 133 - Millville
The simple former Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Church was built in 1874 of fieldstone with Gothic-style, clear-glass windows. It is near the corner of Bridge (County Road 2) and Oakwood Streets. The building was deeded by the Minnesota Synod of the Lutheran Church in America to the village of Millville and is maintained by the Millville Historical Association. Behind the structure is a small cemetery with Swedish graves.
Copyright © 2009 nordicway.com and Swedish Council of America (http://shop.mnhs.org/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=868 for copies of Touring Swedish America). All Rights Reserved.